Jalapeno Stuffed Olive and Asiago Fried Cheese Balls
These jalapeno-stuffed olive and asiago fried cheese balls are extraordinarily delicious! These large one-and-a-half-inch crispy balls are filled with brined jalapeno-stuffed olives and an oozy blend of nutty asiago and cream cheese. Disclaimer: people are known to wrestle over these! 😀
When I started this venture, I aimed to post extraordinary recipes with outstanding flavor, beautiful textures, and consistent results. This recipe hits the mark.
I’m not the biggest fan of fried foods and I certainly don’t crave them. Yet, I am obsessed with these. These miraculously turn into a mix of the most complimentary of flavors that fire off as you work through each bite.
Quality Matters, especially when it comes to the promise of outstanding flavors and textures. When I ran across MRO-COS Sex Olives, my olive world changed, and there is no going back. I was never an olive lover; I would have considered myself more of an olive “liker.” I enjoyed them in certain dishes and others, not so much.
When I first ate one of these Jalapeno Stuffed Sex Olives, I thought, where have these been my whole life? They are plump, firm, and flavored in a fantastic brine that brings out a fresh olive flavor alongside a tang from the vinegar.
The description on the bottle states that they are Sicilian Style Olives that are cured in brine without lye or sugar for nine months. Then the olives are pitted and hand stuffed with Jalapeno Peppers.
Note: I have found these as specialty items in Wisconsin’s local provisions and meat markets this past year.
Stuffed Olive and Asiago Fried Cheese
- 3.5 ounces Asiago Cheese Fresh finely grated
- 3 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 tsp olive brine from the jar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp flour
- 10 large jalapeno stuffed green olives MRO-COS brand or other
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 Eggs
- 3 cups fine soft bread crumbs
- peanut oil for frying
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the Asiago, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and olive brine. Add the egg white and flour and stir until incorporated into the mixture. Gently stir in the chopped green olives until equally distributed.3.5 ounces Asiago Cheese, 3 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 tsp olive brine, ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 egg white, 1 tbsp flour
- Using a digital kitchen scale, divide the mixture into ten equal-weighted pieces.
- Dry the olives with a towel. Flatten the cheese mixture with your fingers and wrap each olive in the cheese mixture softly forming it around the olive.10 large jalapeno stuffed green olives
- Place the coating ingredients in small separate bowls. Start by gently rolling the first ball into the flour, ensuring the entire ball is coated.⅓ cup flour, 2 Eggs, 3 cups fine soft bread crumbs
- Then with a pick or dipping fork, dip the ball into the egg, ensuring the entire flour-coated ball is covered with the egg. Then place the ball into the soft bread crumb adhering the crumb to the ball with your fingers. Move the ball to your hand to add more soft crumbs and press around the ball. This ensures a tight seal, so the cheese does not weep out during the frying process.
- Place on a parchment-lined plate. Repeat the process for each of the remaining balls.
- Add the appropriate amount of Peanut Oil to your fryer. Preheat your deep-fryer to 360 °F. When the oil is to temperature, fry the balls in two or three batches (depending on the size of your fryer) for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Gently turn the balls with tongs while frying to ensure even browning.peanut oil
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 °F oven for up to 20 minutes.
De Froid Tip: Pops
Elevate your appetizer game by putting your fried cheese balls on popsicle sticks! Fit a layer of floral foam into your serving vessel and cover it with food-safe paper. Then poke holes strategically in the paper so the balls will be aligned and have equal space between them! Then once you make the Asiago Cheese Balls, press them onto the sticks and through the paper into the foam for a standing masterpiece.
Imagine your guests’ smiles when you place this mouth-watering presentation in front of them. It ups the excitement factor while the sticks help deliver the tasty bites.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.