Bacon Maple Carrots
Take your carrots to a new tasting level with these bacon-wrapped, maple-glazed roasted carrots. These are easy to prepare yet complex in flavor. Caramelize the bacon with the maple syrup in the last 5 minutes of baking to achieve a flavor profile that will have your guests talking!
Present them in a tall shot glass with a bit of extra maple syrup for dipping and add flair and drama to the simple, humble carrot.
We start with a baked carrot gives you a savory and sweet note. The bacon brings in smoke and saltiness for additional depth, and the maple syrup brings a comforting sweetness. Then add their caramelization in the last 5 minutes, and it’s no wonder this is a big hit for humans of all ages.
Maple Bacon Carrots
- 6 carrots small to medium size with greens on
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat over to 425F.
- Remove the greens leaving 1/2 inch of the stem. Slice the Peel carrots and wrap them together in a wet paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute on high. Depending on your microwave, you may need more or less time. They are done when just soft enough to bend slightly.6 carrots
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment. Wrap each of the carrots with a strip of bacon and place them on the tray.6 strips bacon
- Roast for 25 minutes (keep an eye on them as ovens may vary as do the size of the carrots. The bacon should be slightly crisp at this point.
- Remove from the oven, then brush the bacon-wrapped carrots with maple syrup.1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Return to the oven and convection roast for an additional 3-4 minutes. Watch closely as you want the bacon to caramelize - not burn.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
De Froid Tip: Shot Glasses
I have an extensive collection of shot glasses and little glass serving dishes. They spark my creativity when I look at a main ingredient and wonder how to highlight its beauty.
Of course, I can lay these prosciutto-wrapped asparagus spears on a plate, and everyone would be happy. Yet you can see how placing them in a shot glass quickly elevates the presentation and adds height and a spark of elegance to the table.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.