Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Take a jalapeno, fill it with a smoky cream cheese mixture and a cocktail sausage and wrap it up in a sweet and hot rubbed bacon piece. These bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers are easy to assemble, yet a flavor-packed appetizer fit for football kings and queens.
Football season is the perfect time for using up your overabundant supply of jalapenos from the garden. This colorful appetizer is quick and easy to make and will disappear quickly. The sweet-flavored barbecue dipping sauce will take your game day to new levels!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 jalapeno peppers fresh
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 pieces cocktail sausages
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese block
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper divided
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 ounce barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp concentrated pomegranate juice can substitute other juice flavors
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise leaving the stems intact.6 jalapeno peppers
- Combine the cream cheese, paprika and 1/2 of the cayenne pepper.1 8 ounce cream cheese block, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Spread the cream cheese mixture into each of the jalapeno boats filling just over the top of the pepper.
- Top each with a little smoky link pushing it in slightly to hold it in place.12 pieces cocktail sausages
- Mix the remaining cayenne pepper and brown sugar. Rub evenly into each bacon slice on both sides.1 tbsp brown sugar
- Cut each slice of bacon in half. Wrap 1 piece around each stuffed pepper and secure with a toothpick.6 slices bacon
- Place on a well-seasoned pan and bake for 45 minutes turning the pan 1/2 way through to ensure even cooking. See cooking note*
- Combine the barbecue sauce and the juice. Serve alongside the bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers.8 ounce barbecue sauce, 1 tbsp concentrated pomegranate juice
De Froid Tip: Bobblehead Centerpiece
Bring excitement to your gathering by adding a themed centerpiece. Introduce a Bobblehead on game day and get your party started! The visual presentation will pop!
Watch to see who is the first person to “bobble” his head and hand out a surprise prize! Unquestionably you will create a memorable moment your guests will talk about.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.