Bresaola Parmesan Dip
This bresaola parmesan dip takes chipped beef dip to a whole new level. It’s loaded with savory flavor and is delicious when served in mini-bread bowls. It can find its place at any gathering, from a game-day appetizer to a fancy dinner party conversation starter.
Bresaola takes Italian cured meats to a new arena as it swaps the typical pork meat for lean beef. Visually, it carries a deep ruby-red shading. Bresaola brings a sweet, aromatic flavor that accentuates the taste of the lean meat it’s made from and the spices used to impart flavor-packed notes.
The bread bowls are made with the Artisan Country Bread recipe. This made six bread bowls at just over 300 grams each. The finished rolls are five inches wide and over three inches tall. They are the perfect size for individual bread bowls. I froze the leftover bowls and plan to use them to serve a hearty baked potato soup.
Bresaola Parmesan Dip
- 3 ounces bresaola thinly sliced
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 2 tsp milk to thin if desired
- ¼ cup scallions sliced
- ½ cup parmigiano-reggiano freshly grated - can substitute parmesan
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 pinches cayenne powder
- 2 5" wide Bread bowls
- sliced scallions for garnish
- Slice and chop the bresaola into half-inch pieces.3 ounces bresaola
- In a medium-sized bowl, soften the cream cheese and add the sour cream and milk to form a soft mixture. Add the additional ingredients and combine well.6 ounces cream cheese, 6 ounces sour cream, 2 tsp milk, ¼ cup scallions, ½ cup parmigiano-reggiano, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp onion powder, ½ tsp smoked paprika, 2 pinches cayenne powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 °F
- Slice the tops off of the bread bowls. With a serrated knife, slice vertically around the inside of the bun, leaving ⅓ inch of bread around the inside and bottom of the bun. Remove with your fingertips being careful not to squish the bread. Cut the bread pieces into one-and-a-half-inch squares.2 5" wide Bread bowls
- Spoon the dip mixture equally into the bread bowls. Replace the tops Place on a heavy pan and bake for 45 minutes or until hot. In the oven, toast the bread cubes for 10 minutes or until a crust forms on the outside.
- Place on serving plates, remove the lid and sprinkle with the additional sliced scallions. Divide the bread cubes among the plates. Serve immediately.sliced scallions
De Froid Tip: Bread Bowls
You hear me talk about serving vessels often. It’s a fun and creative way to bring new life to everyday meals and gatherings. These bread bowls are a perfect example! When I brought them to the table filled with dip, my husband said, “fancy,” with a big smile. Who thought we’d make such a sweet memory with bread bowls? : )
Instead of making one large round loaf, I divided them into rounds three times the size of hamburger buns. How did I do that? I measure the dough in grams. My burger buns are just over 100 grams each. These are just over 300 grams each. It’s fun to have your own individual-sized bowl while you dip and tear the bread how you prefer.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.