Chicken Burrito Supreme
This chicken burrito supreme recipe is flavor packed with tender shredded chicken breast, refried beans, and Mexican rice, all wrapped up in a soft tortilla. Top it off with a flowing cheese sauce, greens, and veggies, and you have a burrito that will leave an impression.
These are filled to the brim. Because of this, they have the strength to stand on end! Each serving feeds a hungry appetite while presenting a fun dish that sets a festive mood at the table.
A Note on Spices:
Each of us has a unique palate when it comes to what makes the food we love. Spices rank high in the art and pleasure of food. Recipes give us a place to start. Make notes each time you make a dish and constantly adjust. Use your senses and engage your creativity. By doing this, you will gain confidence in adjusting recipes to make them stand out for you and your humans!
There is one spice I rarely use, and that is fresh rosemary. I don’t care for the smell or taste of it. Understandably, you won’t find many rosemary-forward recipes here. Yet this is the fun of cooking for your tastes. If you are a rosemary lover, add it in. Use sprigs to season your stews and marinate your steaks. Enjoy the flavors you and your family love.
Chicken Burritos Supreme
- ½ can refried beans
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 ounces chicken stock
- ⅔ cup long grain white rice
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander mild to medium
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- 6 slices American cheese Can substitute Velveeta
- 1/2 tsp ground annatto optional
- 4 10" flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- 2 radishes sliced into sticks
- hot sauce to taste
- Add all of the rice ingredients to your rice cooker. Stir and hit start.⅔ cup long grain white rice, ½ tsp ground cumin, ½ tsp ground coriander, ¼ tsp kosher salt, 8 ounces chicken broth
- Place chicken in a large saucepan and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until temperature reads 165 °F1 pound chicken breast, ½ tsp ground coriander, ½ tsp ground cumin, ½ tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp kosher salt, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 4 ounces chicken stock, 3 shakes Franks hot sauce
- Remove chicken and let cool. Once cool, shred chicken into thin shreds.
- Clean the saucepan and add all shredded chicken ingredients except for the chicken. Stir until mixed well. Turn the burner on to medium heat. Add the chicken, mix well, and cover the saucepan. Stir every 10 minutes and adjust heat to keep warm until your rice is done.
- Mix all refried bean ingredients into a medium saucepan. Heat on low until warm.½ can refried beans, ½ tsp ground coriander, ½ tsp ground cumin, 2 ounces chicken stock
- Melt butter in small saucepan1 tbsp butter
- Add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture bubbles. Cook on low heat until incorporated.1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Slowly add the milk a little at a time incorporating it into the mixture with each addition.1 cup milk
- Once fully incorporated, bring to a boil and stir until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese until melted. Add the annatto if using. Add the American cheese slices one at a time until melted. Cover.1/2 cup sharp cheddar, 6 slices American cheese, 1/2 tsp ground annatto
- Place one 10" flour tortilla on a flat surface. Spread ¼ of the refried beans down the center, leaving 1 ½ inches on each side. Place 1/2 cup of rice on top of the beans. Top with a heaping cup of chicken and sauce. The burritos should be very full.4 10" flour tortillas
- Wrap the bottom portion of the tortilla over all of the ingredients. Press it firmly to the top of the tortilla and pull downward with your hands forcing the ingredients together within the tortilla. Then tuck in the sides and roll forward until you have a tight cylinder. Cut in half and place each tucked end down onto the plate as the image shows.
- Stir the cheese mixture and pour a portion over the top of each burrito half until it runs down the side and onto the plate.
- Garnish with lettuce and radish strips. Serve with hot sauce.shredded lettuce, 2 radishes, hot sauce
De Froid Tip: Presentation
Add excitement and a new memory to Mexican night by plating your burritos or tacos in a new way! Stand these up vertically to get the conversation started!
Another way to change up your presentation is to add a square plate or a few dots of hot sauce. A few little tweaks can change the entire experience of the meal!
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.