Chicken Saltimbocca Bites
These Chicken Saltimbocca Bites deliver flavor and will leave quite an impression on your guests!
Combine the comfort of pasta, and the creaminess from a chicken and white wine sauce, top that with salty prosciutto, crispy spinach, and melted gruyere, and you will have a one-bite appetizer that is impressive on the palette and eyes!
The Pasta Tweezer Tong
The pasta tweezer tong is one of my newer kitchen gadgets. I love the art of plating to make every meal special, as long as the food tastes phenomenal! It’s fun to make pasta dishes and appetizers with this gadget. It makes the past look pretty!
Don’t get me wrong. I still love my spaghetti in a wide bowl smothered in Bolognese sauce. Yet there are certain dishes like a fancy shrimp scampi that deserve a rolled pasta.
Chicken Saltimbocca Bites
- 8 ounce thin spaghetti
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup spinach mature
- 1/4 cup dry white wine oak chardonnay
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of chicken soup Pacific Brand
- 1/8 tsp chili paste Sambal Oelek
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese finely shredded
- Boil water, add pasta, and cook for 8 minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse pasta with cool water.8 ounce thin spaghetti
- Heat a 10" skillet on medium heat. Add prosciutto slices and cook until the pieces begin to firm up. Cut each prosciutto slice into 6 pieces for a total of 18.3 slices prosciutto
- In the same skillet, add the olive oil. When the oil starts to shimmer, add the spinach and cook on medium-high heat until it frizzles and crisps. Remove and place on a paper towel to dry.1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 cup spinach
- In a small saucepan, combine white wine and condensed soup, along with the Sambal Oelek. Stir in medium heat until combined and heated through.1/4 cup dry white wine, 1/2 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, 1/8 tsp chili paste
- Take 8 pieces of the pasta and line them up alongside each other lengthwise. Take the pasta tweezer tong and pinch the pasta pieces around the top, ensuring you have all eight secure. Then twirl until all the pasta is rolled into a small ball of pasta. Slide the pasta off the tong onto one of the appetizer spoons. Continue until all 18 spoons have their pasta.
- When you're ready to serve, top each ball of pasta with a tablespoon of the sauce, 1 piece of prosciutto, a few frizzles of spinach, and finally the grated gruyere cheese.
- Torch the tops of the cheese until melted and beginning to brown.1/4 cup gruyere cheese
- Serve immediately.
De Froid Tip: Food Arrangement
Set your spoons in a row across a long countertop. I did this with my salt block strawberries for my summer tasting party this year. As a result, you will visually increase the WOW factor. Then watch your guests line up for the tasting experience. Unquestionably you will create a memorable WOW moment for your guests!
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.