Gourmet Deviled Egg Recipe
This deviled egg recipe is understandably our number one request of all time. These flavor-packed deviled eggs are topped with a parmesan crisp that will leave an impression.
Combine the smokiness of pancetta, nuttiness from the Parmigiano-Reggiano, acidity from the white wine vinegar, and creaminess from the mayonnaise, and you will have a deviled egg that is unforgettable.
The extra credit you will get from your efforts will be those memorable WOW moments when your guests take their first bite.
Deviled eggs are that perfect appetizer that fits just about any occasion where people gather. What makes these little eggs so popular?
- They are easy to grab.
- They are easy to eat.
- They are creamy and delicious.
Gourmet Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled and halved length wise
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ts champagne wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano finely grated
- 3 ounces pancetta finely diced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp pancetta finely diced for garnish
- 1 tbsp parsley minced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Line 1/2 sheet baking pan with Silpat liner and sprinkle 4 tablespoons of the Parmigiano-Reggiano into two 4" round circles.6 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Bake until lightly brown - 8 - 10 minutes.
- Crisp pancetta in a small skillet until fat has rendered and starting to brown.3 ounces pancetta
- Add egg yolks, 1 tablespoon pancetta, mayonnaise, vinegar and remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano and stir together with whisk or large fork until thoroughly combined. Taste and add salt and pepper to balance flavors to your liking.6 hard boiled eggs, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 ts champagne wine vinegar
- Pick your best 8 egg white halves. Add filling mixture into a piping bag with a large enough tip to allow pancetta bits through and generously fill each hole.
- Garnish with pancetta, cheese crisps, freshly ground pepper, and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, 1 tbsp pancetta, 1 tbsp parsley
De Froid Tip: Food Arrangement
Change the whole feel of your party by serving these gourmet deviled eggs on individual plates. By adding a contrasting garnish, your visual presentation will pop! In the photo below, I used sprigs of thyme from my container garden.
Set your plates in a row across a long countertop. As a result, you will visually increase the WOW factor. Then watch your guests line up for the tasting experience. Unquestionably you will create a memorable WOW moment for your guests!
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.