Gourmet Egg Salad with Capers
With its bright, fresh flavor combination, this gourmet egg salad with capers will become your new favorite.
Perfect is my goal with every recipe, and it’s always with the understanding that it’s a goal that can be strived for but never achieved. This particular recipe for egg salad is about as close to perfect as I’ve ever had. It’s beautifully balanced, with a bright, fresh flavor and a texture that spans from rich and creamy to crunchy and fresh.
Capers, the Powerhouse Pantry Staple
Gourmet Egg Salad with Capers
- 8 large eggs
- 1 medium shallot 1 minced,1 thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp whole-grain mustard
- ½ large celery rib finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers drained , patted dry and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chives minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cover the eggs with cold water in a large saucepan and bring to a rapid boil over moderately high heat. Immediately reduce to simmer for 11 minutes.8 large eggs
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Drain and rinse the eggs. Gently place them in the ice water for 15 minutes. Peel the eggs and pat them dry.
- Put the eggs through an egg-slicer, slicing first with the egg laying horizontally, then carefully reposition and make a second slice vertically. Place the diced egg into a medium-sized bowl. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Add the additional ingredients to the eggs and stir gently to combine. Serve as sandwiches on bread or as an appetizer with small toast squares or crackers.1 medium shallot, 1 ½ tsp white wine vinegar, ⅓ cup mayonnaise, 1 ½ tbsp whole-grain mustard, ½ large celery rib, 2 tbsp capers, 1 tbsp chives, 1 tsp lemon juice, kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
De Froid Tip: Food Arrangement
Change the whole feel of your party by serving these gourmet deviled eggs on individual plates. By adding a contrasting garnish, your visual presentation will pop! In the photo below, I used sprigs of thyme from my container garden.
Set your plates in a row across a long countertop. As a result, you will visually increase the WOW factor. Then watch your guests line up for the tasting experience. Unquestionably you will create a memorable WOW moment for your guests!
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.