Hearty Beef Chili
This hearty beef chili is packed with flavor from roasted chilis and seasoned beef. It’s a perfect choice for an all-day slow-cook on cold or rainy days. This recipe also makes entertaining easy. Make a pot the day before your gathering and reheat before your guests arrive.
Alter your chili, soup, and stew recipes to make them with your family’s favorites. If you don’t like beans, leave them out. If you love them, add an extra can! Toppings are another way to add favorites to your dish. I serve this chili with chopped onions, sour cream, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, saltine crackers, and tortilla chips. Everyone can choose their favorite toppings.
Hearty Beef Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef course ground if available
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes with green chile peppers canned
- 2 5-6 inch Anaheim Chilis Roasted, with skin and seeds removed. Course chopped.
- 1 jalapeno Seeded and course chopped (optional)
- 1 8 ounce tomato puree
- 1 15 ounce kidney beans
- 1 15 ounce pinto beans
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce Tobasco
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Mexican Oregano
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 12 ounces dark beer
- Raw onion, sour cream, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, saltine crackers, tortilla chips Toppings
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and wait until it begins to shimmer. Add one pound of ground beef to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking the meat into larger-sized crumbled pieces until browned. Repeat with the second pound of ground beef and seasoning and add the onion and garlic to beef and cook until onion is translucent2 pounds ground beef, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp ground black pepper, 1 medium onion, 3 cloves garlic
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir until combined.2 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, 2 5-6 inch Anaheim Chilis, 1 jalapeno, 1 8 ounce tomato puree, 1 15 ounce kidney beans, 1 15 ounce pinto beans, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce, 3 tbsp chili powder, 2 tbsp ground cumin, 1 tsp Mexican Oregano, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 12 ounces dark beer
- Cook on low heat setting for 8 - 10 hours.
- Serve with raw onion, sour cream, shredded sharp cheddars, saltine crackers and tortilla chips and let your guests choose their toppingsRaw onion, sour cream, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, saltine crackers, tortilla chips
De Froid Tip: Food Arrangement
Change the whole feel of your party by serving these gourmet deviled eggs on individual plates. By adding a contrasting garnish, your visual presentation will pop! In the photo below, I used sprigs of thyme from my container garden.
Set your plates in a row across a long countertop. As a result, you will visually increase the WOW factor. Then watch your guests line up for the tasting experience. Unquestionably you will create a memorable WOW moment for your guests!
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.