Homemade Brat Burgers
These homemade brat burgers are the real thing. Add spices to ground pork, form into patties, and serve brats to your humans any time of the year! Make them into specialty “brats” by adding your favorite ingredients like jalapenos and cheddar.
It’s easy to transform this recipe into party and game day sliders! Form the meat into slider-sized patties and grill. Make up a batch or three, and watch them disappear!
I’m a ground meat fanatic! I grew up in the Supper Club era, and when my parents took us along, I always ordered ground sirloin instead of steak!
I love how many incredible recipes you can make with ground meat—tacos supreme, steak burgers, and cheesy smoked meatballs, to name just a few. In addition, I love the ease of buying frozen one # pouches of high-quality beef and pork from local meat markets and farms and stocking them in baskets in my freezer. It saves me trips to the store and provides stress-free meals on busy days and weeks.
Homemade Brat Burgers
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed between your fingers
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly gorund
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 brioche buns substitute: hamburger or pretzel buns
- ketchup, country mustard, sauerkraut, onion garnish as desired
- Combine the spices in a small bowl. Place the pork in a medium-sized bowl and gently flatten the ground meat with your hand. Pour the spices over the top of the pork. Gently mix the spices into the pork until thoroughly combined.1 lb ground pork, 1 teaspoon ground sage, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for six hours or overnight. (See note)
- After resting time, form the mixture into three patties, ⅓ of a pound each. The mixture will be soft and sticky - using waxed paper or deli sheets makes things easier.
- Preheat the grill on high heat for at least 10 minutes Turn the grill down to medium heat then spray the tops of patties with nonstick spray. Place patties sprayed-side down on the grill then cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Place the brat burgers on the buns then and top with your favorite garnishes.3 brioche buns, ketchup, country mustard, sauerkraut, onion
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.