Homemade White Bread Recipe
This Homemade White Bread Recipe is my favorite of all time. It’s the perfect loaf that elevates every sandwich. BLT’s are taken up a notch. Grilled cheeses are taken to an OMG level. Even toast shines with every slice’s soft crumb and golden brown crust. The recipe is trust-worthy and proven as it rises perfectly at every step to make a beautiful loaf you will be proud of.
The quality of ingredients significantly impacts our efforts in the kitchen and our health. Have you read the list of ingredients on a loaf of bread in the store? Oh my! : (
Although making bread takes effort, I love that I know what is in my bread, and at first taste, it delivers fresh, wholesome ingredients. Once you get into practice, the process becomes part of your day. The majority of time spent making bread is the rise time, which is hands-off.
This BLT was made with Cherrywood Smoked Neuske’s bacon (uncured), and the flavor combination is unbeatable with an added slice of a “big boy” tomato from the garden and crispy leaves of lettuce. Stack these all on toasted homemade bread, and you have a sandwich cradling you with comfort on a summer day.
Homemade White Bread Recipe
- 7 grams instant yeast can substitute equal amount of active dry yeast
- 355 ml whole milk luke warm
- 67 grams granulated sugar
- 15 grams kosher salt
- 43 grams butter Softened. More for greasing the bowl and pans and for brushing the tops of the loaves.
- 2 large eggs
- 700 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Add the dough ingredients in a large stand mixer bowl and mix until the dough is slightly tacky, about 12 minutes.7 grams instant yeast, 355 ml whole milk, 67 grams granulated sugar, 15 grams kosher salt, 43 grams butter, 2 large eggs, 700 grams all-purpose flour
- Grease a large proofing container with the olive oil and turn the dough out into the bowl. Flip over the dough, so greased side is up, cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel, and set in a warm, draft-free spot until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. (If using proofer - set it to 80 °F)1 tbsp olive oil
- When the dough has doubled in size, flatten and stretch. Cover, and let it rise again for 30 minutes.
- Generously butter two 9-x-5 loaf pans. Press down the dough with your hand to expel the air. Divide in half and fold each piece in thirds. Then gently roll into a cylinder shape. Place each half into a loaf pan. Brush the tops of loaves with additional melted butter.
- Cover and let rise until dough is just above the top of the pans, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place a pan (with lava rocks if using) on the bottom rack in the oven. Pre-heat the oven to 400 °F.
- When the dough has risen to the desired height, pour 1 cup of warm water into the water pan. Bake the bread for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 to 30 minutes more, or until loaves sound hollow when tapped, the tops are brown, and the internal temperature is 200 degrees. Remove loaves from the pans and let cool on wire racks.
De Froid Tip: Accentuate with Neutral Colors
Is it going to be cold or rainy the night of your party? Use that as an exciting mood-setter! Natural grains and veggies are ideal for aligning the dish with nature. Use natural wood serving pieces, neutral browns, and grays, and let them shine in their simplicity while creating a warm and cozy statement.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.