Individual Frozen Key Lime Pies
These individual frozen key lime pies are a hit with every age group. They make a pretty presentation and are the perfect dessert that brings a summer flavor to your meals, gatherings, and parties.
The creaminess of the pie combined with the sweet and sour flavor profile takes your taste buds on an expedition. You also get an added crunch from the crust.
Instead of making 12 pies, you can use a smaller cup pan that makes 18! I did this for my summer tasting party, and it worked perfectly. I had served lemon sorbet as a palate cleanser a few dishes earlier, so this size was perfect to end the 14-course tasting.
I hope you have fun with the presentation of individual sized desserts like these. I set up 18 individual plates and lined them up on the counter. You can also elevate them on a platter for a striking presentation. Mini’s give you a perfect opportunity to use your imagination and creativity to make memorable moments for your guests.
De Froid Tip: Food Arrangement
Individual frozen Key Lime Pies
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp key lime zest finely grated, divided
- ⅓ cup Key lime juice fresh
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Melt butter and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs form. With the motor running, drizzle in butter-honey mixture and process until well combined. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; set aside.5 tbsp unsalted butter, 1 tbsp honey, 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add condensed milk and beat until smooth. Add key lime juice and lemon juice to combine. Then add the 2 Tbsp. key lime zest until combined.8 ounce cream cheese, 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk, 3 tbsp key lime zest, ⅓ cup Key lime juice, 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Whip cream in a separate medium-sized bowl to very soft peaks. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cream and continue to whip until it holds stiff peaks. Gently fold ½ cup of the cream into the key lime mixture. Cover the remaining cream and refrigerate.¾ cup heavy cream, 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Pour the Key lime mixture into a pastry bag or plastic bag with the corner snipped off; evenly distribute the batter into the tins. Top each with 1½ tbsp. cracker crumb mixture, breaking up crumbs to completely cover, then press down gently to adhere. Freeze until set, at least 3 hours.
- Remove pies from molds, turn them upside down, and remove the paper liners. Spread the reserved cream over the pies and top with the remaining 1 Tbsp. Key lime zest. Garnish with key lime wedges.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.