Key Lime Cheesecake (Instant Pot)
Easy Key lime cheesecakes in the instant pot are the perfect party dessert. The flavor is best when made the day before, giving you more time on the day of your party. They are refreshing as a spring and summer dessert yet can be enjoyed any time of the year.
This recipe gets a double citrus layer from key lime juice and zest. Eggs and cream cheese provide a rich base for the citrus. Combined, it is a mouth-watering dessert that guests rave over. The bonus for you is that it only takes fifteen minutes to prepare and fifteen minutes to cook.
Key Lime Cheesecake (Instant Pot)
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 2 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp key lime juice
- 1 tsp key lime zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 key limes optional
- Add water to the instant pot and place a steam rack inside. If your rack does not have handles, you can make a sling for it using aluminum foil.1½ cups water
- Butter the spring form pan.1 tbsp butter
- Melt the 3 tbsp butter in a small bowl and add to the graham cracker crumbs. Mix well until the crumbs are no longer dry.3 tbsp butter, 3/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Pour the crumb into the pan. Distribute them equally across the bottom and one-third of the way up the pan, pressing gently with your fingers.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Then add the eggs and beat until incorporated. Then add the final ingredients and beat until just combined.2 8 oz cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, 2 eggs, 2 tbsp key lime juice, 1 tsp key lime zest, ½ tsp vanilla extract, 1½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- Pour the mixture into the spring form pan, on top of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Place the pan on the steam race and secure the lid.
- Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, use a natural release. The natural release typically takes 10 minutes. Once released, carefully unscrew the lid and keep it horizontal while you remove it. This will keep the moisture built on the top from falling onto your cheesecakes.
- Lift the cheesecake out with the handles or sling. Let cool to room temperature and then cover and refrigerate overnight to let the flavors meld.
- When ready to serve, slice small wedges of key lime to place on top of each slice of cheesecake. Serve.3 key limes
De Froid Tip: Mini Cheesecakes
Individual-sized food is fun and on-trend. These three-bite cheesecakes are the perfect party dessert. They make a pretty presentation, and guests rave over them. Because key limes are so small, they are ideal as garnish for these petite cakes.
These were made with stainless steel ring molds. They are fun and can be used in various applications in the kitchen. For example, I use three-inch ring molds to make individual-sized seven-layer salads. Your imagination is the limit when it comes to taking your favorite recipes and making them person-sized.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.