Marinated Party Shrimp
These marinated party shrimp are addictive and belong on the beach or a black-tie affair. They are made the day ahead and served cold.
What makes them special is the marinade. The shrimp get a kick from Dijon Mustard and sweetness from the honey. The seasoned rice wine vinegar gives it another layer of tangy sweetness.
Although I have served these at fancy parties, one of my favorite places to take them is on the boat. The key is to have insulated containers that keep your food safe. Then pull up to the sandbar, grab the container from the insulated cooler, and you’re ready to feed a crowd some delicious marinated shrimp.
Marinated Party Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp large 16 count
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar seasoned
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried tarragon optional
- Prepare shrimp if required. Remove shell and devein.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Squeeze in the juice from the lemon and add a few dashes of bitters.
- Boil the shrimp 3-4 minutes until the form a "C" shape. Remove immediately to a colander with cool water running to stop them from cooling. Let dry.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a quart-sized zipper bag. Gently squeeze the ingredients in the bag until they're incorporated.
- Place the shrimp into the bag and remove all the air so the shrimp are all covered in the marinade. Refrigerate overnight. Serve cold.
De Froid Tip: Big Picks on Fruits and Vegetables
Decorative picks are fun! Choose a large fruit or veggie that aligns with the colors of your party and start poking them in! This was designed for my “lime” summer tasting party so I went with a simple green cabbage. I’ve served this many times on a deep-colored red cabbage for the holidays. In summer, poke the picks along the sides of a pineapple standing on end, and it will resemble a palm tree with shrimp!
Watch your guests line up to grab theirs or walk around with the platter. Beware – people will follow you! : ) Unquestionably, you will create a memorable WOW moment for the humans in your life!
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.