Monster Bacon Burgers
These monster bacon burgers get their lift from XL homemade buttery brioche burger buns. With that kind of start, superior ingredients take this burger to the next level. We begin with grass-fed 80/20 ground chuck. The bacon is hickory smoked with no water added. Because of this, you get pure bacon flavor in every bite.
The special sauce is something remnant of Big Boy’s special sauce from my childhood. I get excited about finding “real food” condiments that are typically time-consuming to make. This is one of those finds. Thank you, Sir Kensington.
I love hamburgers. I really love hamburgers.
Monster Bacon Burgers
- ⅓ pound ground chuck 80/20
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon smoked - no water added
- 3 slices American cheese
- red onion sliced
- tomato ripe sliced
- dill pickles sliced
- iceberg lettuce
- Special Sauce Sir Kensington
- 3 Brioche Burger Buns
- Preheat oven to 400°. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Arrange strips of bacon on a backing sheet6 slices bacon
- Place ground chuck in a large bowl and gently add the Worcestershire sauce. Salt and pepper to taste on each side.⅓ pound ground chuck, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper
- Divide evenly. Gently form the meat into three patties using your thumbs to form the meat into a round patty 1" thick. Place a small indent on the top of the patty for even cooking
- Cook bacon for up to 20 minutes until the desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, grill the burger patties on each side for 3-4 minutes until the desired doneness. Top with the cheese for the final two minutes. Grill buttered buns if desired.3 slices American cheese
- Let rest 3-4 minutes to allow juices to distribute.
- Split burger buns. Begin by placing 1 tbsp of the special sauce on the bun. Next, layer the burger with cheese, grilled onion, pickles, tomato, lettuce, and bacon. Finish with a healthy dollop of special sauce.red onion, tomato, dill pickles, iceberg lettuce, Special Sauce, 3 Brioche Burger Buns
De Froid Tip: Food Arrangement
Add visual excitement by elevating your sides, literally! Here I used cream horn forms to stack Mustard Beer Battered Onion Rings. Use your creativity and make special moments for the humans in your life.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.