Quail Egg Chorizo Breakfast Skillet
This Quail Egg Chorizo Breakfast Skillet is pure comfort food at its best. The quail eggs bring a welcomed richness, while the chorizo presents a kick of heat. The crispy potatoes and tender vegetables round it out for a perfect skillet dish.
I use homemade chorizo, which brings a bright, fresh flavor from the red wine vinegar. This is hearty yet filled with nutrition from the veggies and the double kick of protein.
Quail eggs are considered a delicacy in many parts of the world. Yet, with the evolution of community farming (yay!), they are becoming a popular everyday food for good reason.
Quail Egg and Chorizo Breakfast Skillet
- 2 russet potatoe medium, skin removed and large dice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion medium, diced
- ½ pepper yellow, orange or green, diced
- ½ pound chorizo
- 6 quail eggs
- chives chopped for garnish
- hot sauce to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Placed diced potatoes in a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and mix until coated. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes, turning once halfway through. Potatoes are done when golden and crisp. Turn oven to low.2 russet potatoe, 1 tbsp olive oil
- Meanwhile, add the diced onion and pepper to the skillet. Saute on medium until tender, 8 - 10 minutes. You want them tender and just starting to caramelize. Remove from skillet.½ yellow onion, ½ pepper
- Add chorizo to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat until browned and cooked. Add the vegetables and potatoes and mix until evenly incorporated.½ pound chorizo
- Place half of the chorizo mixture into each of the two skillets. Place the skillets in the oven to stay warm.
- Spray a small non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat to medium-high heat. Crack each egg and pour each into a separate small dish. Once all six are prepared, slide them one by one into the skillet, Cook for two minutes until the desired doneness.6 quail eggs
- Remove skillets from the oven using pot holders. Slide 3 eggs onto each breakfast skillet. Garnish with chives and serve with your favorite hot sauce on the side.chives, hot sauce
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.