Ranch Oyster Crackers
These ranch oyster crackers are easy to make yet deliver big flavor. This recipe calls for larger Premium-sized oyster crackers.
When I host a tasting party, I always have a few bowls of snacks set around where people gather. These oyster crackers are a great option because they pack so much flavor in just a few crackers.
Ranch Oyster Crackers
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 package buttermilk ranch recipe mix dry
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder if you prefer less salt
- ½ teaspoon dill dried
- 1 bag oyster crackers gourmet sized
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- In a small ramekin, whisk together oil, ranch dressing, garlic powder and dried dill. Place the oyster crackers into a large bowl. Slowly pour the oil mixture over the oyster crackers, whisking to ensure you get every last bit. Mix gently with a wooden spoon until all crackers are covered.½ cup canola oil, 1 package buttermilk ranch recipe mix, ¼ teaspoon garlic salt, ½ teaspoon dill, 1 bag oyster crackers
- Pour onto a large baking pan ensuring the crackers are in one even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Mix the crackers and then bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cool them on the pan. Store in an air-tight container.
De Froid Tip: Color Choices
We are creatures of habit. It has been said it takes 7-8 weeks to change a pattern. I used to use the same serving bowls because that was what I was used to. Then I started paying attention to color and texture, and my kitchen world opened up!
I stared at those little oyster crackers for a while. They needed something to lift them to the beauties that they are. When I poured them into a shiny, smooth black bowl, the natural look of the simple oyster crackers stood out. And the seasoning and dill popped!
The English Muffins below have a similar coloring to oyster crackers. And look at them shine against the black napkin backdrop. So many food blogs have only light, bright pictures, yet I love the romantic, dramatic feel you get from using black as a backdrop to natural colored foods.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.