Red Rock Ham Rolls
These red rock ham rolls are comfort food stuffed into a bun. They’re transportable, which makes them the perfect party food. Heat them in the oven at home, and toss them into a cooler. Take them on a picnic, on the boat, or to a tailgate party. People love these ham rolls!
I love food that you can transform into appetizers. This is one of those foods. You can buy (or make) small-sized hard rolls, fill them and wrap them up in foil. Keep a lookout for people stuffing them in their pockets. ; ) They are that good.
Red Rock Ham Rolls
- 2 cups ham cubed
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese sharp, grated or chopped fine
- 1 onion large, chopped
- 1 can chopped ripe olives 4 ½ ounce
- 1 poblano pepper roasted and finely chopped (substitute =1 can green chilis)
- 1 can V-8 8 ounce
- 2 tbsp tomatillo salsa optional
- 8 hard rolls round and sturdy
- Preheat the oven to 275°.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the buns. Mix to incorporate the ingredients evenly.2 cups ham, 12 ounces cheddar cheese, 1 onion, 1 can chopped ripe olives, 1 poblano pepper, 1 can V-8, 2 tbsp tomatillo salsa
- Slice off the top of the bun. With a serrated knife (straight up and down), carefully cut along the inside of the crust to free the crumb (soft interior), leaving approximately 1/3 of an inch along the sides and the bottom of the bun. With your fingers, carefully remove the soft bread. Push down the bread on the bottom with your fingers to form a dense layer.8 hard rolls
- Fill each bun with enough mixture to come right to the top. Place each top onto its original bun for a clean seal.
- Wrap each bun tightly in foil and place on a heavy pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, rotating the pay halfway through, or until the inside ingredients are heated.
De Froid Tip: Let the games begin!
Wrap a stuffed sandwich in foil, and you create an opportunity for fun! Take something edible and hide it in one of the sandwiches. A big ‘ol green olive is a perfect example. Have a prize for the person who finds the olive. Our guests love (and fight over) these Snowy River Jewels Cocktail salts. Have a few bags on hand and make fun, new memories.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.