Smoked Chicken Salad on Brioche
This smoked chicken salad on Brioche is so delicious it could be served in a five-star hotel restaurant. The mayonnaise-based dressing compliments the meat’s smokiness, the celery and scallions add freshness, while white wine vinegar and lemon juice offer a contrasting tang. This is a level (or three!) up from the usual.
Not all Chicken is Created Equal
Seven Seeds Farm Uncured natural Hickory Smoked Organic Chicken is the best smoked chicken I have ever tasted. I have purchased smoked poultry from some of the most prominent providers throughout the United states. This is hands down the best and outstanding in comparison. So many smoked poultry products are over-salted. This gourmet chicken is delightfully balanced between the smoke, brine and the natural chicken flavor. It is also mouth-watering tender. I love this smoked chicken!
I have a pup named Vinnie, who is a very well-behaved boy. This chicken turned him into a super dog! I gave him a taste, and he didn’t move the entire time I picked the chicken.😆
Having cooked for a living at one point in my life and now developing recipes, I can tell you this is one of the best tastes of protein I have ever had. It took me to a Michelin restaurant acting as a professional chef with the highest quality ingredients in front of me. This chicken could easily transport itself to five-star award-winning recipes.
The best part? This is an organic pasture-raised chicken. It is an uncured natural hickory smoked chicken with no nitrate or nitrite added. The owners of the farm are as amazing as the meat they produce. I’ve been purchasing grass-fed beef from them for nearly a decade, and their beef is purely outstanding.
Smoked Chicken Salad on Brioche
- 2 cups smoked chicken breast skinned, boned & coursely chopped to 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise 4 ounces; 115g
- 3/4 cup celery 2 1/2 ounces; 70g finely chopped (about 2 medium stalks)
- 1/3 cup scallion 3/4 ounce; 20g finely sliced (about 1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice 15ml fresh from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar 15ml
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 brioche buns
- red grapes as garnish
- Parsley or scallion greens as garnish
- Mix together all of the dressing ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.1/2 cup mayonnaise, 3/4 cup celery, 1/3 cup scallion, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon celery salt, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the chicken and stir until just combined.2 cups smoked chicken breast
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken salad onto each bun. Garnish with red grapes , parsley and scallion greens as desired.4 brioche buns, red grapes, Parsley or scallion greens
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.