Sous Vide New York Strip Steak
This Sous Vide New York Strip Steak recipe gives you perfect results each and every time. It’s no wonder chefs worldwide use this proven method to cook their steaks and seafood. Finished with a sear, and topped with herb compound butter, this mouth-watering tender steak is remarkable.
Sous Vide (pronounced Soo-Veed) is a cooking technique where your food is vacuum-sealed in a cooking pouch and heated at a precise temperature using a precision cooker set in a water bath.
Instead of relying on perfect timing, sous vide relies on precise temperature control. Simply set the control, and the technique will deliver consistent, perfect results each and every time. If you want to run your home kitchen like a world-class chef, sous vide!
How To Sous Vide Using a Precision Cooker
- Season food with your favorite spices and herbs.
- Place your food in a food-grade cooking bag and vacuum seal to remove the air. If you don’t have a vacuum sealer, you can simply use a zip-top bag and use the water immersion technique to remove the air from the bag.
- Drop the sealed bag(s) into the water bath and set the timer.
The Amazing Benefits of Sous Vide
You can cook almost anything sous vide, from meat, seafood, poultry, and eggs to vegetables and desserts.
Vegetables cooked sous vide retain their vibrant color and integrity, intensifying their natural sweetness. Food cooked in its juices are infused with deep natural flavor and incomparable tenderness and texture. Lobster poached in butter produces the most authentic rich seafood flavor you may ever taste.
Consistent & precise results.
Sous vide cooking is hands-off. Season, seal, and submerge the pouch in the water bath and walk away. Because food cooks at its ideal temperature, it can’t overcook or undercook if you follow the range of cooking times. Your steak will always be done as you prefer, every single time. Set the temperature and let it do its thing. Chicken breasts will never be undercooked, overcooked, or dry. The best chicken wings we have ever had were made sous vide and then set on a hot grill to crisp the skin.
Because your dish cooks unattended, you can concentrate on other hands-on dishes, chores, or hobbies!
Sous Vide New York Strip Steak
- 2 10 - 12 ounce New York Strip Steak
- 1 tsp Kosher salt or to taste
- ½ tsp Pepper Freshly ground - or to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Place the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker in your stock pot, fill it with water, and set it to 130ºF (54.4ºC).
- Generously season the steak with salt and pepper. Place in a medium zipper lock or vacuum seal bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer on the dry setting.
- Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 2 hours.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Remove the steak from the bag and pat very dry with paper towels.
- Heat the ghee in a carbon steel or cast iron skillet over high heat on the grill or stove. When the fat is shimmering, add the steak and sear until well-browned, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.