Spiced Holiday Nuts
These spiced holiday nuts are sweet, spicy, and delicious with their cinnamon, orange, and maple flavor profile. They are easy to prepare, and cleanup is a breeze as they’re made in foil in the crockpot.
They make a beautiful and tempting presentation sitting in small bowls around the area people are gathering. They also make thoughtful gifts for family, friends, and neighbors who will be having guests during the holidays.
These nuts are great for any special occasion throughout the year. Maple and cinnamon fit into that loved category of comfort food. Pass a jar of these around the campfire for something unexpected. Bring them on the boat to share at the sandbar. They’re also the perfect snack for graduations and retirement parties where you want to add that extra something special.
Spiced Holiday Nuts
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp orange zest finely grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 2 cups roasted cashews unsalted
- Line the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker (made before 2004) with heavy-duty foil, and coat with the cooking spray.Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, orange zest, salt and cayenne Add the pecans and cashews, and mix to coat.¼ cup pure maple syrup, 3 tbsp unsalted butter, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp orange zest, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, 2 cups raw pecans, 2 cups roasted cashews
- Add the nuts to the slow cooker forming an even layer. Turn the heat to low and cook stirring the nuts, every 20 minutes.
- Turn the slow cooker off and remove the cover. Stir occasionally as the nuts harden over the next hour. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container for up to five days.
De Froid Tip: Party Favors
One of my favorite things to do in planning a party is to find the perfect thank you for my guests. Wedding favors can be transformed into party favors as many of them can be customized.
We ordered this Let Love Grow party favor and customized it for our summer tasting party. I will never forget the surprised faces with huge smiles as every person was given a tree as a thank you for attending. I received messages the following day that people already planted them!
Have fun, use your imagination and creativity and give party favors that make your guests feel as special as they are.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.