Whipped Horseradish Sauce
This whipped horseradish sauce has a kick and leaves a lasting impression! It is a perfect accompaniment to grilled beef and pork. It will take your taste buds to a new level, especially with the infusion of horseradish and a dash of hot sauce.
The image below shows the sauce layered on top of a marinated grilled ribeye with crunchy red onion. Immediately your taste buds will experience a smoky crust from the rib eye. Then you will taste a sweet crunch from the onion. And finally, you will get a creamy kick from the whipped horseradish sauce.
One of the things I love most about whipping siphon sauces is how quickly you can make a delicious sauce. Best of all, you get to create a fun experience for your family and guests! This was a simple weekday lunch turned exciting meal because of the sauce.
Whipped Horseradish Sauce
- 1 cup whipping cream minimum 32% fat
- 3 tbsp prepared horseradish no additives
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce optional
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl1 cup whipping cream, 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Let flavors meld in refrigerator for 2 hours minimum
- Press through a fine mesh strainer into the siphon
- shake vigorously 5 times
- Use the number of cartridges recommended for your size siphon.
- To distribute the gas properly, lay the siphon on its side in the refrigerator.
- Turn the siphon upside down to release the contents. Doing this moves the gas behind the ingredients to push them out of the siphon when the lever is compressed.
De Froid Tip: Create an experience at any meal!
I broke out lunch-sized square porcelain plates to make a weekday lunch special. Instead of purchasing a set, I find those that are sold individually. World Market is one of my go-to’s for this.
Because the sandwich is round, I chose a square plate to accent the sandwich. On the other hand, sometimes round on round is fun too! Use your creativity and have fun creating an experience for the humans in your life.
Welcome to Foodie de Froid!
If you love real food, take pleasure in eating, and strive for mouth-watering flavor, you have come to the right place. Here the star of the show IS the food, presenting it in a way that makes it shine.
We feature many appetizers and individual-sized recipes as a purposeful way to experience and share food.
Our mouth reacts to flavors in a transitional way. That first taste creates an exciting experience with the food’s intense flavors, textures, and visual appeal. Yet after the first few bites, our mouths and minds adjust, and that experience deadens.
Thus, the tasting experience! We served 14 consecutive courses at my last tasting party. Each was purposely selected to bring new flavors, textures, and presentations, creating surprises and wow moments throughout the night.
The recipes are documented with ingredients we love. Yet my greatest hope is to have you understand why the recipes work and eventually make them into your personal version using your favorite ingredients and presentations.